Keto diet has become extremely popular among people who want to improve their health. At the same time, the majority of them are willing to start or keep on exercising. This is when they wonder whether keto supplements are crucial or not. In this article, you will find some information regarding that.
There are lots of misconceptions, myths, and misinformation regarding the ketogenic diet and the best keto supplements. People get confused because they say that carbohydrates are important when building muscles and the keto diet affects exercise performance.
Due to such opinions, you may think that it is impossible to get health benefits of the keto diet without sacrificing strength, muscle mass, and endurance. Luckily, this is not true. In fact, it is necessary to understand how the human body works and what it requires in case of restricting carbohydrates. People can receive health benefits from the ketogenic diet and improve exercise performance.
The body does not need carbs, especially when there are keto workout supplements to help you. You should not underestimate the importance of adding something extra. Many people think that they use keto supplements for weight loss only, but the truth is that they can be much more advantageous.
Table of Contents
What Is Keto and How It Can Help to Build Muscles?
The ketogenic diet implies that the number of fats should be increased and carbohydrates — decreased. The majority of these diet plans include around 30 to 50 grams of carbs and high fat and protein intake.
If you reduce carbs, your muscle cells won’t be able to access sugar, which is a fast fuel source for the human body. When the amount of sugar is not enough, the muscles cannot function at high intensities. This goes for any activity, which takes more than ten seconds. The explanation is that in ten seconds, the muscles need to get energy using glucose. Being on the keto diet, you will have lower performance when taking high-intensity activities such as sprinting, bodybuilding, swimming, circuit training, and playing sports.
This means that it is advised to opt for low-intensity workouts. Being on keto, your body starts to burn fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. Thus, you should mind that the right amount of protein and fat is extremely important. This way, it is possible to preserve muscle mass, reducing fat at the same time and taking keto diet vitamin supplements. Thus, you will feel more energetic, so everything is going to be easier.
What Are the Best Keto Supplements?
- MCT oil. This one is good to be added to yogurts and smoothies. The key goal of MCT oil is to increase energy levels. It can also come with a feeling of hunger and makes consumers feel full.
- Exogenous ketones. This is one of the most recommended supplements for keto. It boosts your ketones levels, quickly reducing the feeling of hunger at the same time.
- Fiber. Spending some time on keto, dieters notice several side effects, one of which is constipation. Besides, low-carbs always implies low-fiber. That is why fiber is recommended as one of the supplements to take while on keto.
- Fish oil. Over some time, it will be obvious that constipation is not the only problem you may face. Inflammatory diseases are probable as well when dieters transfer to a high-fat diet plan. There is no need to start worrying because fish oil will help to prevent such problems.
- Magnesium. If you take from 200 to 400 mg of magnesium, you will avoid muscle cramps, which are another side effect.
- Vitamin D. This vitamin is crucial for the body to absorb the proper amount of calcium from fat and protein foods. Thus, vitamin D is important for everyone.
- Creatine. This one can significantly increase consumers’ strength, which will make their workout more effective. If your goal is to gain muscles while losing weight, creatine is a must.
- Chromium and Alpha Lipoic Acid. These are responsible for metabolism and cell growth. It is to be noted that this acid should be taken with fish oils as, in this case, they work best.
- Hydroxymethylbutyrate. It happens to be important for those people who are willing to gain muscle. Hydroxymethylbutyrate is especially necessary at the beginning of the exercise program as it increases muscle tissue.
- Tribulus. This one is important for gaining muscle mass too. It increases the testosterone level, which is important not only for men but for women as well. Tribulus will make your workout more effective.
- Glutamine. This is another thing the human body misses when the amount of vegetables and fruit is decreased. According to keto supplements reviews, it happens to be important for those who work out, not for those who want to lose weight. The pills are to be taken before and after the gym. With these supplements keto diet bodybuilding becomes possible.
- Folate. This is also known as B9 and helps to balance the hormonal level in your body. Folate is primarily meant for women.
We hope we answered the burning question, ‘Are keto supplements safe?’ Judging from the list, it becomes clear that almost any keto supplement is okay because the mentioned ones can be taken even if you are not on keto.
So, we found out that keto diet supplements are created to help people to transit to a new food plan easier. They also support the human body to prevent possible side effects without any damage to health. If the main aim of you getting into this diet is to lose weight, many of them will help you to cope with the feeling of hunger. People tend to opt for the keto diet and supplements to achieve one more purpose — boosting athletic performance. Thus, no matter what your primary goal is, you should never neglect keto supplements, especially when they are safe. Have you ever tried any on the keto diet?
Adam Reeve is a fitness coach and dietician who writes articles about diets and things people should consider when they decide to go for any. He has tried keto and shared his experience and feelings in his blog.