What Kind of Muscle Building Supplements Are There?
There are two main muscle supplements that immediately come to mind that are currently being marketed: Natural Testosterone Boosters and Anabolic Steroids. These supplements increase the level of testosterone (one of the main hormones in the body that contributes to muscle growth). However, each has its own pros and cons, as well as side effects.
Natural Testosterone Booster Supplements
Natural testosterone boosters are supplements that use natural ingredients to raise testosterone levels within the body. This means that the ingredients come from the environment, rather than something chemically made in a laboratory. Natural testosterone boosters work by freeing inactive testosterone hormones in the body.
The typical ingredients found in natural testosterone boosters may include common supplements such as:
Due to their composition of natural ingredients, testosterone boosters have fewer, less harsh side effects than anabolic steroids. Some of these side effects may include:
- Acne or bacne are the most reported side effects.
- Mood swings and aggression have been associated with testosterone boosters.
- Mild headaches
Being chemically engineered, anabolic steroids work at a much faster pace. Anabolic steroids must be prescribed by a doctor. Possession of anabolic steroids without a medical prescription is illegal, and results incarceration. Steroids can come in the form of:
- Oral Pills
Furthermore, anabolic steroids have serious side effects, and in some cases, some of these side effects are irreversible. Side effects include:
- Shrinkage of the testicles (testicular atrophy) may occur.
- Male-pattern baldness has occurred, and is considered to be irreversible.
- Many have reported a decrease in impulse control.
- Steroids have been linked to cardiovascular diseases. This includes stroke, blood clots, and heart attacks.
- Aggression and mood swings are a common side effect.
- Gynecomastia is a condition in which men develop breasts. If gynecomastia occurs, it is irreversible.
- Steroids have also been associated with peliosis hepatis. Peliosis hepatis is a rare condition where blood-filled cysts form on the liver. There have also been reports that steroids may be linked to tumor formations on the liver.
- Decreased sperm count may also occur.
What Are the Safest Muscle Building Supplements to Buy?
When comparing natural testosterone boosters to anabolic steroids, it is obvious that the better of the two is natural testosterone boosters. Though they have side effects (as does any drug or supplement), these side effects are reversible and typically are not life threatening. Steroids are not only illegal, but are highly dangerous if not monitored by a health care professional.
How Do I Choose a Natural Testosterone Booster?
Avid research is key when choosing a testosterone booster that will work the best for you. Research things like the ingredients, as well as reviews that users have posted. Over time, you will find a booster that will work best with your body and exercise workout. If you experience any side effects, or have additional questions, contact your primary physician.