Though it is fairly new, D-aspartic acid has quickly become a top favorite supplement for many men looking to naturally boost their testosterone levels.
What Is D-Aspartic Acid and How Does It Boost Testosterone?
D-aspartic acid is an amino acid that is found neuroendocrine tissues. D-aspartic acid naturally causes an increase in the protein hormone, gonadotropin. Gonadotropin then signals to the pituitary gland that there is a decreased level of testosterone in the blood stream. The testes and pituitary gland will then trap the D-aspartic acid circulating in the blood stream, and in response, will trigger the release of testosterone.
Using D-Aspartic Acid for Sexual Dysfunction and Deficiencies
As men grow older, their testosterone levels will decrease naturally. However, when testosterone levels drop below approximately 300ng/dL, it is known as a condition called hypogonadism.
Hypogonadism can cause sexual dysfunctions such as:
- Lowering of Libido (Sex Drive)
- Diminished Erectile Quality (Particularly at Night)
- Inability to Maintain Erections
Low testosterone is now considered a very common condition found in aging men. There are many different methods of testosterone replacement therapy, such as:
- Oral Pills
These methods use anabolic steroids, however. Anabolic steroids are chemically made, and can have serious side effects. For this reason, many men have turned to natural supplements, such as D-aspartic acid. D-aspartic acid is a natural supplement that naturally triggers the body to produce testosterone.
Studies have shown that D-aspartic acid has been proven to:
- Increase Libido
- Enhance the Quality of Erections
- Extends the Duration of Intercourse
- Intensifies Orgasms
Using D-Aspartic Acid to Build Muscle Mass
The increase of testosterone D-aspartic acid creates increases your overall energy. This energy will help you endure a strenuous work out, and will quicken your recovery time. The increase of testosterone will also promote muscle growth, and will make it easier and quicker to gain muscle mass with your workouts.
Side Effects of D-Aspartic Acid
Like with all drugs or supplements, there are reported side effects of D-aspartic acid. However, these side effects tend to be mild.
- Some men have reported acne, as well as bacne.
- Besides the unappealing taste, the powder form of d-aspartic acid is difficult to dissolve in liquid. Many men recommend mixing the powder with water or Gatorade.
- There have been reports that d-aspartic acid causes stomach discomfort and leads to diarrhea.
- Mood swings may occur.
- D-aspartic acid may cause your body to produce more aromatase. Aromatase is an enzyme that transforms testosterone into estrogen. The body naturally creates more of this enzyme as you age. This is often leads an increase in body fat. It is recommended to take aromatase inhibitors while taking d-aspartic acid to decrease this adverse effect.
- Bouts of aggression have been reported.
How Do I Use D-Aspartic Acid?
D-aspartic acid is available to be purchased in its pure form. However, it is recommended that it be stacked with other natural testosterone boosters that do not contain D-aspartic acid. It is also recommended to stack D-aspartic acid with two aromatase inhibitors. This will ensure the D-aspartic acid will not over produce the aromatase enzyme. If taken in powder form, only do so once a day, and ensure that you allow the powder to dissolve completely. It can also be taken as a dietary supplement. If taken as a supplement, it is recommended to take frequent breaks every so often and give your body a rest.
What’s the Bottom Line?
Despite the mild side effects, D-aspartic acid makes for a successful testosterone increasing supplement in most men. Its stack-ability also makes it highly versatile, natural supplement to use.