What Are Natural Testosterone Boosters?
Natural testosterone boosters are supplements that use natural ingredients in order to help raise testosterone. This means that the ingredients come from the environment, rather than something chemically made in a laboratory. The ingredients in these supplements naturally drive your body to create more of the testosterone hormone.
These ingredients may include common supplements such as:
- Bryonia Laciniosa
- D-Aspartic Acid
- King Oysters
- Tribulus Terrestris
- Yohimbe Extract
These are only a few examples of what supplements natural testosterone boosters may contain. Boosters may also be used to increase muscle mass in normal leveled, healthy males as well.
What Are the Side Effects of Taking Natural Testosterone Boosters?
Being composed of ingredients found within nature, testosterone boosters’ ingredients often do not have side effects within themselves. However, an increase or overdose of testosterone can have effects on the body.
Physical Side Effects of Natural Testosterone Boosters:
- Acne is the most common side effect brought on by an increase of testosterone. Most men report the outbreak is on their back, however.
- It is possible to develop a condition called anemia. Anemia is a deficiency of iron in the blood stream. Anemia may lead to feeling cold or weak, as well as make you more disposed to catching a cold.
- Aggression can be caused by an increase of testosterone. The side effect will intensify if your body creates an over production (overdose) of testosterone.
- You may develop a condition called myalgia. Myalgia is an abnormal growth of the muscle. Natural testosterone boosters are used to increase muscle mass. However, testosterone boosters do not increase the strength of the tendons of ligaments. The weight of the added muscle mass can tear ligaments and tendons. It is important that your work out includes exercise that will strengthen your tendons and ligaments.
- Headaches have been reported in a small number of men, but they are mild in pain.
- A study in Europe proposes that long term use of these supplements can cause kidney damage. It is advised to give your body a break from testosterone boosters every now and again.
Psychological Side Effects of Natural Testosterone Boosters
- Though rare, anxiety has been reported in some men who take natural testosterone boosters.
- Depression has been reported in a small number of men. However, the origin of depression is unknown, and cannot be directly linked to testosterone boosters.
- The most common psychological side effect reported is mood swings. An increase in testosterone caused by testosterone boosters may cause aggression.
How Do Natural Testosterone Boosters Compare to Other Testosterone Enhancers?
Anabolic steroids must be prescribed by a doctor, and can come in the form of:
- Oral Pills
- Injections Straight into the Muscle
Being chemically engineered, anabolic steroids work at a much faster pace. However, their ingredients can cause serious side effects.
Physical Side Effects of Anabolic Steroids:
- Testicular atrophy, which is shrinkage of the testicles, may occur.
- A decrease in sperm count may occur.
- Male-pattern baldness has been reported, and is irreversible if it occurs.
- Gynecomastia has also been reported. Gynecomastia is a condition in which men develop breasts. It is also irreversible once it has occurred.
- Anabolic steroids have been linked to cardiovascular diseases, which include: heart attack, stroke, and blood clots.
- Liver problems have also been reported. Steroids have been linked to peliosis hepatis. Peliosis hepatis is a rare condition in which blood-filled cysts form on the liver. Steroids have also been linked to the formations of tumors on the liver. Both the cycsts from peliosis hepatis and the tumors caused by steroids may rupture, causing internal bleeding.
Psychological Side Effects of Anabolic Steroids:
- Many steroid users have reported an increase in aggression.
- Some anabolic steroids users have reported a decrease impulse control.
- Mood swings are a commonly reported side effect.
- Some studies show that steroids may cause depression. However, once again, it is unknown what actually causes depression, so steroids cannot be properly linked to depression.
What’s the Bottom Line?
The bottom line is natural testosterone boosters have fewer and less harsh side effects than that of anabolic steroids. Testosterone boosters’ ingredients are natural to your body, whereas steroids’ ingredients are chemically made and are unnatural for your body to accept. Some side effects of steroids are irreversible. Natural testosterone boosters’ side effects are reversible. Steroids’ side effects can lead to serious complications, such as heart attack, or even death.
While there are side effects linked to natural testosterone boosters, there is not enough research to deny or confirm that these effects were brought on by using testosterone boosters. There are many people that have taken boosters and have reported acquiring little or no side effects. If you experience any of the previously stated side effects, contact your physician right away.