Hi and welcome to SupplementYouNeed.com. My name is Ryan Collins and I’ll tell you a little bit about who I am and more importantly why I’ve created this website.
I was first introduced to weight-lifting at a young age. I went through tons of trial and error in the beginning to ultimately reach the physique of lets say, the spartan actors in the movie “300”. At first, I blindly went into the gym and started lifting weights. I had no clue what I was doing and just thought the heavier weights I lifted, then the bigger I would get. Well, I was completely wrong as you’d imagine. On top of this, I had zero knowledge on the correct diet or what supplements I should be taking to benefit my weight-lifting goals.
Fast-forward years later, learning bit by bit I finally became experienced in the “fitness world”. From learning what to eat, what workout routines actually build muscle and give you results, along with taking the right supplements to aid me along my journey of reaching a shredded physique, I ultimately found the key to success.
Why did I create SupplementYouNeed.com?
First and foremost, I know how hard it is and how much work it takes to attain the physique you’re striving for. There is so much misinformation in the fitness industry and certainly in the supplement industry. Many workout supplements are garbage. Many products are all hype, companies spending most of their dollars on excellent marketing instead of providing an excellent product that provides actual results. *Hint* make sure you always look at the ingredient label before purchasing any supplement. The ingredients are what actually makeup the product, not the claims on the box or bottle!
My goal for SupplementYouNeed.com is to cut through all of the B.S. and provide you with honest supplement reviews for a wide-range of supplements on a continuous basis. If you have a specific fitness goal, I want to help to provide you with the top choices of supplements that will give you true results, not false claims.
Some of the supplement categories include:
- Whey Protein
- Fat Burners
- Natural Testosterone Boosters
- Nootropics or Brain Supplements
- Pre Workouts
- Weight Gainers
In my opinion, the supplements that have helped me most along the way are:
1. Pre Workouts – Have you ever felt like going to the gym is a hassle or a job? This used to be me when I first started working out. Even with a cup of coffee, I’d be doing half-ass workouts, totally un-focused. I’d be in the gym for an hour or more, but actually working out for about 15 minutes, totally un-motivated. Then I was introduced to pre-workout supplements from a friend of mine. My mind was blown ever since. It gave me the ultimate focus/ concentration, energy, endurance and “pump” for the entirety of my workout. I was upping the weight for exercises it seemed like every workout session. Going to the gym actually started becoming enjoyable and I would even look forward to hitting the weights. Most importantly, my physique grew exponentially.
2. Whey Protein – You can lift all the weights in the entire world, but without feeding your muscles with the necessary nutrients you won’t grow for a second. I take whey protein after every workout to supply my muscles with all the essential nutrients to recover and grow. Note* I’ve recently been testing out new protein products such as organic whey protein or even pea protein. I will write a guide on why these other types of protein supplements may be better than whey.
3. Natural Testosterone Boosters – Don’t get confused with steroids. Natural test boosters are not anabolic steroids. They are supplements that have natural ingredients that are proven to increase your levels of testosterone naturally over time. So why take test boosters? Well, lifting weights over the years there came a point where I kind of hit a plateau. My body wasn’t really changing too much and I was kind of stagnant. I decided to take a natural test booster to hopefully break-through this plateau phase I was in. Well it not only worked, but it actually amazed me by the results I got. On top of that, I saw profound results outside of the gym as well.
4. Nootropic Supplements – Have you ever had trouble focusing on something you really want to get done, but just can’t seem to do it? Nootropic or brain supplements may be the answer. I’ve learned about these supplements and tried various kinds, some of which actually really do help you focus a lot more and give you the energy to take on any task as well.
5. Weight gainers – Just can’t seem to gain weight ay? It’s a struggle for ectomorphs, but luckily weight gainer supplements might just be the answer. The key to success with using weight gainers properly is to not treat them as meal-replacements. You need to supplement the gainers on top of your normal diet!
3. Green Superfood Supplements – The new addition to the team…green superfood powders. As you probably already know, most of us don’t get nearly as many greens in as we should on a daily basis. Depending on where you live, they can be a bit pricey as well. Furthermore, who wants to prepare a big mixed green salad when you can just cook up some chicken breast/ rice and call it a day? I try to incorporate as many green veggies into my diet as a I can, but I feel like it’s still not enough. So I turned to these green superfood powders.
I’ve tried several different kinds and realized some are way more powerful than others. They give me a clean/sustained energy boost to keep me going through the day. They just make you feel amazing all day/ everyday. Plus, it feels good that I’m getting more than enough nutrients that my body craves on a daily basis. Green superfood supplements might just be my new favorite kind of supplement!
Other supplements that have helped many others:
1. Fat Burners – I have personally not taken fat burner supplements as I have a high-metabolism and don’t need them. I have trouble maintaining or gaining weight rather than losing weight. However, being in the fitness world and knowing the ingredients inside these fat burners, it’s quite easy to realize which ones work and which ones are either too weak or all hype. Don’t believe the “lose 10 pounds in 10 days” type of claims. However, taking one of the top fat burner products you can expect to shred fat in a short period of time if you also work at it in the gym, and maintain a clean diet.
2. Multi-Vitamins – Do vitamins work? The simple answer to this is yes they do work… that is if you’re taking the right one and taking them daily. Multi-vitamins are great for filling the gaps in your diet. For instance, if you are deficient in a vitamin/ mineral, taking a multi supplement will help. However, instead of taking multi-vitamins now, I drink one huge vegetable (green superfood) smoothie daily which in my opinion works 10x better than a multi-vitamin. I will include an article on this very soon too. For now, multi-vitamins are essential to supply the body what it needs to maintain a healthy/ positive state and to grow.
More will be added soon!
Thank you for visiting SupplementYouneed.com. If you have any questions about anything or suggestions of products to review, etc. contact me here.